The Truffle Association of British Columbia is a group of producers, mycologists, and professional agrologists and foragers dedicated to the commercial truffle industry in British Columbia, Canada. The association was established in 2004 after a number of us decided to pool our resources to establish a sustainable Perigord truffle industry in the province. In 2016 our mission was expanded to include recognition of issues and opportunities around native edible truffles in our environment. The goals of the association are to:
- Pro-actively seek and apply technologies, practices and expertise to expand the body of knowledge about and enjoyment of truffles.
- Promote the industry by emphasizing quality and principles that support the highest standards of products and services.
- Enable the industry's domestic and international growth and competitiveness by assisting in the efficient, flexible and reliable delivery of truffles.
- Protect and enhance local communities and the natural environment by observing the highest standards of principles and practices in the introduction of new truffle species and technologies.
- Be responsive to the public and industry needs, provide value to members and promote excellence to consumers.